Sunday, June 28, 2009

Batuan Village News and Updates

Batuan is one of villages in Bali. Village or Desa Batuan is located in Gianyar Regency, about 30 minutes to International Ngurah Rai airport, and about 15 kilometers south of Ubud.

I proud to be a villagers of Batuan.Desa Batuan or Batuan Village is a center of Balinese artist. Most of villagers is an artist . They are painters, carvers, silversmith, goldsmith, Balinese dancer, puppeteers, traditional music (gong) players, etc.

There are lot of famous artist from Batuan. You maybe heard about I Made Djimat. He has been around the world for a long time. He is Indonesian emissary.
I Wayan Bendi is a famous painter. From the history, Batuan has a unique style of painting. So that the painter around the world familiar with Batuan style.

My father, mother, my (deceased) grand father, uncles, aunts, my little brother as well. All are painter. You may say we live from Tourism activity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment